The excavator hydraulic quick coupler is a device installed on the excavator arm or backhoe arm for quick attachment/removal of accessories. These attachments rely on positive hydraulic pressure and a binding mechanism to fix the bucket and other attachments. Without the safety pin connected, the excavator hydraulic quick coupler system may still operate for a while, then open and suddenly release the bucket or attachment.
The person who controls the work must ensure the following:
•Hydraulic excavator operators should be trained and trained in the safe use of hydraulic excavators.
• The excavator operator should be able to use specific quick hooks on the excavator in use, regardless of whether they are connected automatically or by manually inserting pins. Competence should be verified through regular assessment and capacity strengthening.
• The excavator hydraulic quick coupler must be maintained and in good working condition. They should be marked with model and serial number, manufacturer's name, excavator hydraulic quick coupler weight and maximum rated capacity, and capacity of each lifting point.
• If safety pins or other forms of fasteners are used, they should meet the specifications of the excavator hydraulic quick coupler manufacturer and should be placed on a shovel or hydraulic quick coupler when not in use. Do not use substitutes such as structural bolts or steel bars.
• Before starting work and every time before installing other accessories, the excavator operator must check whether the pins are fixed in place or whether the automatic system is hooked correctly. Unless they are satisfied with the fixed safety hook, they should be instructed not to use the machine.
• When disconnecting attachment, the operator of the excavator must consciously disconnect the excavator hydraulic quick coupler.
•The area around the safety pin insertion hole can be painted so that the operator and on-site supervisors know where the safety pin is inserted. Similarly, you can draw a tack to make it more visible.
• All accessories must have the correct spindle center and diameter.
• A safe working system should be established to ensure that personnel will not be harmed when working under or near the bucket, such as setting up restricted areas when using the bucket.