What should be paid attention to in the use of the excavator hydraulic cylinder
In the last issue, we analyzed why the hydraulic cylinder of the excavator is leaking. Today, let’s take a look at what should be paid attention to when using the excavator hydraulic cylinder.
Precautions for the use of hydraulic cylinders
1. In normal use, we must pay attention to the outer surface of the piston rod to prevent damage to the seal due to bumps and scratches. It is necessary to frequently clean the mud and sand on the excavator hydraulic cylinde dynamic seal dust ring and the exposed piston rod to prevent the difficult to clean dirt stuck on the surface of the piston rod from entering the cylinder, thereby causing damage to the piston, cylinder or seal.
2. In normal use, pay attention to frequently checking the connection parts of each thread, bolt, etc., and tighten it immediately if it is loose. Because these places are loose, it will also cause oil leakage in the excavator hydraulic cylinde.
3. Lubricate the joints frequently to prevent rust or abnormal wear in the absence of oil. Especially for some parts with rust phenomenon, it should be handled in time to avoid oil leakage of the excavator hydraulic cylinde due to rust.
4. During normal maintenance, the hydraulic oil should be replaced regularly, and the filter screen of the system should be cleaned in time to ensure the cleanliness of the hydraulic oil, which is also very important for prolonging the service life of the excavator hydraulic cylinde.
5. In normal work, pay attention to controlling the system temperature, because too high oil temperature will reduce the service life of the seal, and long-term high oil temperature will cause the seal to be permanently deformed, and in severe cases it will cause the seal to fail.
6. Normally, each time we use it, we have to perform a trial run of full extension and full contraction for 3-5 strokes before working. The purpose of this is to exhaust the air in the system and preheat the systems, so as to effectively avoid the presence of air or water in the system, causing gas explosions in the cylinder body, which will damage the seals and cause leakage in the cylinder, etc. malfunction.